Elections in Paradise Valley are held in the fall of even numbered years. Every election cycle the mayor's seat and three council seats are on the ballot. To be eligible to run for office candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a qualified elector (registered to vote)
- Must have been a resident of the Town of Paradise Valley for at least one year prior to the time of election
- Must be able to speak, write, and read the English language
- Cannot be a person convicted of a felony (unless the person's civil rights have been restored)
2018 Mayor and Council Election - What's on my Ballot?
Mayor: 2-Year Term (Vote for 1)
Expiring term: Michael Collins
Town Council Member: 4-Year Term (Vote for No More than 3)
Expiring Terms: Jerry Bien-Willner, Paul Dembow, David Sherf
Interested in Running?
On February 15, 2018, a candidate orientation (PDF) was held at Town Hall. If you were not able to attend, you are invited to contact the Clerk's Office to schedule a time to pick up a candidate packet. The filing deadline is May 30, 2018.
2016 Council Election Results
Michael Collins was reelected Mayor. Mark Stanton, Julie Pace, and Scott Moore were elected to the Council. The new Council will take office on January 12, 2017.
To view detailed results please see the Canvass of Election Resolution (PDF).
Election Resources & Information
- Election Results
- Political Committees and Campaign Finance Reports
- Frequently Asked Questions about Elections and Voting in Arizona
- Initiative, Referendum, and Recall Elections
- Political Sign Regulations (PDF)
- Political Sign-Free Zones (PDF)