Business Licenses
The Town of Paradise Valley requires all persons who practice, transact or carry on any trade, calling, profession, occupation, or business within the municipal limits of the Town of Paradise Valley to obtain a business license.

All business classes fall under the same general business license requirement. The following exemptions apply:
  • Non-profit fraternal and service clubs, bona fide religious organizations, and agencies of any federal, state or local governments, and all educational institutions
  • Non-profit private clubs where a basic membership fee covers the cost of the use of the facilities
  • Fund raising projects of non-profit and bona fide religious organizations
  • Any person whose primary business location is outside the municipal limits of the Town.
Pursuant to the Arizona Legal Workers Act (A.R.S. §41-1080), applicants applying for a license as an individual/sole proprietor must present evidence indicating that the individual's presence in the United States is authorized under federal law. Applicants covered under this law must provide a legible photocopy of one of the documents listed in A.R.S. §41-1080.

Processing Time-frames - (A.R.S. Title 9, Chapter 7, Article 4)

Application Fee

The fee for a business license application if $25.00. Approved licenses are valid for one calendar year expiring on December 31 of each year. You may download the application from this page and return it by mail along with a check for $25.00 made out to the Town of Paradise Valley. If approved, a license will be mailed to the business address. 

Transaction Privilege (Sales) Taxes
Businesses which sell products and collect sales tax must also obtain a Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) License from the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR). The Town is a "Program City" and taxes for the Town are collected by ADOR. The Town assesses a 2.5% sales tax (effective August 1, 2011), a 3.4% bed tax (effective August 1, 2010), a 2.5% use tax (effective August 1, 2011), and 1.65% residential rental tax.

Special Event Liquor License
A Special Event Liquor License is a temporary license which allows a charitable, civic, fraternal, political, or religious organization to sell and serve spirituous liquor for consumption on the premises where the event is being held. The organization must obtain a license if any of the following are true:
  1. There is any type of charge for the liquor
  2. There is a door/cover charge or any other type of participation fee
  3. The general public is invited

Please visit the Arizona Department of Liquor for more information on Special Event Licenses and exemptions from the requirement to file an application at the local level.

Applicants must complete and submit the state application and the Town's addendum to the Town Clerk's Office at least four weeks prior to the event.

Marriage Licenses / Passports
The Town of Paradise Valley does not issue marriage licenses or passports. Visit the Clerk of Superior Court Website for information on where these services may be obtained.

Additional Resources
Additional information on state licensing, professional certifications, and small business assistance.